|Birth:||November 3, 1992|
|Job:||Software Development, sporadically|
By including this public figure on this wiki, we are not necessarily implying they are incel (involuntarily celibate) or are in any way associated with incels. Furthermore, with regards to any actual incels listed on this wiki, inceldom is a life circumstance, not an insult or a movement/community.
Alek Minassian is a /r/foreveralone and 4chan former user, autistic, allegedly involuntarily celibate, former special needs student of Middle Eastern descent. He is now a convicted criminal in jail for multiple first-degree murders, and also attempted murder.
Most of the Wikipedia Incel Article as of 2018-2021 was written as an attempted moral condemnation of incels through citations which were kneejerk-sensationalist-news about Minassian’s killings. In 2021, during his final sentencing, the judge concluded that Minassian lied about being motivated by incels or, “incel ideology”.
“”Accordingly, I agree with the assessors that [Minassian]’s story to the police about the attack being an “incel rebellion” was a lie.
|—Justice Anne Molloy, final sentencing of Minassian|
IncelWiki does not support or condone Alek Minassian or his crimes.
Born on Nov. 3, 1992, Minassian grew up in the home with his parents and a brother, neighbors said. His father is a senior manager of software development at Rogers and an alumnus of the University of Toronto, according to his LinkedIn profile. Sona Minassian is on leave from her job at Compugen, an IT service provider, “for obvious reasons,” a company spokesperson told Metroland Media.
- Though he doesn’t know the family well, Mack observed that Minassian seemed to have trouble making eye contact on his solitary neighbourhood walks, and that he appeared to require extra care and attention from his parents. Mack said it was clear that Minassian had special needs. “It’s a family that has struggled with this situation for a long time,” he said.
Alek was reported to have aspergers (before aspergers was merged into the autism spectrum), took special needs classes, and was known by students for making cat noises out of the blue. His autism is something literally no one in the media will touch with a 10 foot pole for some reason. Marianne Kristiansson, PhD, professor of forensic psychiatry at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden has attempted to explain why so many young men who have commited spree killings have autism, and while not condoning or forgiving the killings, separating former autistic killers from psycopaths by explaining how autists have a hard time with verbal communication of deep frustrations.
Being bullied and called names
In a CBC documentary, a former schoolmate of Minassian confirmed that Minassian was, “constantly bullied”, and, “picked on”. She said that his nickname was, “Chewbacca”.
The 4Chan Connection
- “Private (Recruit) Minassian Infantry 00010, wishing to speak to Sgt 4chan please. C23249161. The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!“ --alleged text of an Alek Minassian Facebook post before the rampage
4chan is a popular but controversial internet imageboard. “Chad” and “Stacy” are nicknames for stereotypical jocks and means girls that were apart of 4chan culture for many years, used on incel-related forums and on the /r/incels subreddit (banned since November 7, 2017) on Reddit to refer to popular, attractive sexually-active men and women; a subreddit is an individual community on Reddit based on a topic of interest. The term “Incel Rebellion” is sometimes used interchangeably with the term “Beta Uprising”, or “Beta Male Uprising” which refers to a violent response to sexlessness, which incels view as sexual deprivation.
The various incel forums condemned the incident. There is no evidence that any forum incited alek to commit the heinous act, nor is there any evidence Alek used any self-identified incel forums as 4chan is not an incel forum and ForeverAlone is not self-identified (though it is geared toward involuntary celibates).
In a video interrogation released in September, Alek confessed to using 4chan, specifically b (the random content board), r9k (the board geard toward original content) and pol (the board geared toward politics).
He could not think of any other forums he uses. He also refused to divulge his ForeverAlone username.
Alek claimed to have been in contact with BOTH Harper-Mercer and Rodger with a username associated with an XBOX username of his: Xboxlightside only on 4chan and Reddit. This is dubious of course, as neither Rodger nor Harper-Mercer had any notability prior to their acts.
As stated in many incels communities, the main policy of the respective admins is to delete any calls for murder or suicide and to contact authorities if necessary.
Contrary to popular feminist narrative, Alek was not charged with the crime of terrorism, or 83.1 of the Canadian criminal code. Experts in terrorism such as popular terrorism-subject podcaster Phil Gurskie say that he was probably not charged with terrorism because incel is not an ideology, but rather a life circumstance. Minassian’s Facebook post was largely a shitpost, aka a post made insincerely. In Minassian’s case, the insincere part being his pretending incel is a political movement.
Minassian was convicted in March 2021, and as mentioned in the lede, the judge found Minassian to not have been influenced by, “incels”, as they could be conceived of as a group or ideology. She instead concluded his primary motivation was notoriety.
Toronto police identified all 10 people who died in the van attack. Here are the names and their spellings, as provided by Toronto police and the Office of the Chief Coroner of Ontario.
|Ji Hun Kim||m||South Korea||22||student at the University of Toronto|
|So He Chung||f||South Korea||22||student at the University of Toronto|
|Chul Min Kang||m||45||employee as the ceviche chef|
|Anne Marie D’Amico||f||30||employee at Invesco Canada, a U.S.-based investment firm|
|Mary Elizabeth Forsyth||f||94||retired|
|Munir Abdo Habib Najjar||m||Jordan||85||retired, visiting one of his children in Toronto|
|Beutis Renuka Amarasingha||f||Sri Lanka||45||single mother, finished her first day of work at a school|
The victims in the attack were “predominantly female,” according to Sgt. Graham Gibson, a Toronto police homicide detective. There is no evidence the van’s driver was bypassing men or deliberately targeting women.
- Rollo Tomassi - The Rational Male
- Incels, June 4, 2018
- Back in the summer of 2014 I wrote two essays outlining the minds of Incels. The first was The Severing and the second was Owed Sex. I wrote these essays in the wake of the Elliot Rodger shooting and the sudden emergence of the term “red pill” into the popular lexicon. Elliot had a lot of manifesto style youtube videos as well as a fairly detailed written manifesto he published online just prior to his shooting. His frustration was palpable in these videos. Here was a kid who fit the profile of an AFC, an average frustrated chump. AFC is an old school PUA term used to describe average guys who were confused by intersexual dynamics, usually as a result of their life long Blue Pill conditioning. I used to unironically use AFC to describe a guy who I’d probably refer to as a Blue Pill Beta in my work today, but in light of the most recent “Incel attack” in Toronto last month I’m wondering if AFC isn’t a better descriptor for these guys.
- I’m doing a bit of review here because I want to put the perspective on time in these incidents. Alek Minnassian, the Toronto truck driving killer, another AFC, reportedly idolized Elliot Rodger. In and of itself this is probably to be expected from a self-avowed Incel, but what motivates these guys. That’s what the mainstream media wants to know, right? And literally hundreds of bloggers and social pundits seem to all have an expert knowledge about the motives of Incels. Weeks after the Toronto killings there are people I’ve never read before who are convinced that they know all about these “losers”. For the most part, the mainstream media (and I include online pundits in this category now) want “crazy”. Even the guys who are ostensibly part of the manosphere know that crazy gets eyeballs on the screen, and nothing is crazier than a “killer Incell”.
- Incels are the low hanging fruit for pretty much anyone on either side of the ideological spectrum. I can read any number of feminists wanting to link Incels to “red pill radicalization” and how they are “gender terrorists” (this is genuinely laughable considering the natures of most of these kids), to the Red Pill guys who want to carve out their own trad-con niche in the ‘sphere using Incels as a negative example to prove their version of whatever qualifies as masculinity. Lets face it, Incels are easy targets. They’re universally described as “the losers you used to know in high school who couldn’t get laid”. This makes them easy to dismiss most of the time, until one of them shoots up a university or mows down random women with a panel truck.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4808&v=VyHgtSy41VM 1:25:00
- Codi Wilson: Toronto van attack trial postponed again, Alek Minassian's lawyer confirms, CTV News on March 26, 2020
- R. v. Minassian, 2021 ONSC 1258, COURT FILE NO.: CR-18-400000612-0000, DATE: 2021-03-03
- Brenda Goodman (Dec. 19, 2012) Asperger's and Violence: Experts Weigh In, WebMD
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqWjCHPg9gA at 6:08
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4808&v=VyHgtSy41VM 1:17:00
- Allison Tierney, Mack Lamoureux (April 24, 2018) Everything We Know About Alek Minassian, the Alleged Toronto Van Attacker, Vice magazin
(Teaser: Minassian, 25, has been described as intensely socially awkward and has been connected to an incredibly misogynistic online group.)
- Nick Westoll (April 27, 2018) Ji Hun Kim, 22-year-old student from South Korea, dies in Toronto van attack, Global News
- Maham Abedi (April 26, 2018) Toronto van attack victim identified as So He Chung, 22, Global News
- Rahul Kalvapalle (April 27, 2018) Great-grandmother Geraldine Brady, 83, among victims of Toronto van attack, Global News
- Maham Abedi (April 24, 2018) Toronto van attack: Chul Min ‘Eddie’ Kang among those killed in deadly rampage, Global News
- Katie Dangerfield (April 24, 2018) First of 10 victims killed in Toronto van attack identified as Anne Marie D’Amico, Global News
- Rebecca Joseph (April 25, 2018) Betty Forsyth, 94-year-old woman who loved to feed the birds, named as victim in Toronto van attack, Global News
- Kevin Nielsen (April 24, 2018) Toronto van attack victim was ‘best grandmother anyone could have asked for’, Global News
Nicole Thompson (May 2, 2018) Toronto van attack victim Anne Marie D’Amico had a big heart, family says, Global News
- Maham Abedi (April 27, 2018) Andrea Bradden, 33, killed in Toronto van attack, Global News
- Maham Abedi (April 25, 2018) Single mother Renuka Amarasingha killed in Toronto van attack, Global News
- Maham Abedi (April 24, 2018) These are the victims of the Toronto van attack, Global News
- Amir Vera (April 27, 2018): All 10 victims of the Toronto van attack have been identified, CNN