|Birth:||July 24, 1991|
|Death:||May 23, 2014|
|Ethnicity:||Biracial (British and Chinese)|
By including this public figure on this wiki, we are not necessarily implying they are incel (involuntarily celibate) or are in any way associated with incels. Furthermore, with regards to any actual incels listed on this wiki, inceldom is a life circumstance, not an insult or a movement/community.
Elliot Rodger (born July 24, 1991, died May 23, 2014) was a shy, high-functioning autistic, hapa, standardcel of Chinese and British descent who hated MPUA’s, for-profit matchmakers and dating gurus because he thought they were scams. He was never an active member of any self-identified incel community.
His father (Peter Rodger, a small time director) was a white British national and his mother (Ong Li Chin) was a Malaysian national of Chinese descent. He lived with his father and his Moroccan step-mother after his parent’s divorce. In the time leading up to his rampage, he wrote the lengthy manifesto/autobiography My Twisted World and distributed it prior to the incident. Elliot’s lack of female attention (partially ascribed to his shyness), sexual frustration, and fury at perceived mistreatment he claims to have suffered and what he saw as the injustices of society drove him to do the tragic 2014 Isla Vista massacre.
Elliot was an unhappy member of PUAhate, which was not a self-identified incel forum. Due to the forum’s focus on anti-pickup-artistry, it did have a lot of sexually frustrated men. Elliot described it as “a forum full of men who are starved of sex, just like me” However, Elliot ultimately condemned the site, as his last post there (and anywhere) read: “[Puahate] is full of stupid, disgusting, mentally ill degenerates who take pleasure in putting down others”. His shooting resulted in PUAhate’s closing soon afterwards, after the heated media coverage regarding the forum that ensued subsequent to the massacre. Rodger’s manifesto never mentioned the word “incel” and out of thousands of posts across many websites he only used the word, “incel”, three or so times, including to self-identify. He seemed to have spent most of his forum time in the anti-pick-up artist culture and websites tangentially related to dating, such as bodybuilding.com. There is no proof of him spending any time at all in the actual incel forums around at the time (such as incelsupport or love-shy.com). There are rumors he used the ForeverAlone subreddit, but these claims are unsubstantiated and likely false.
He began his massacre by visciously stabbing his three Asian male roomates (one of which he had quarelled with previously, due to the roomate’s alleged theft of his candles). Rodger’s murderous rage and hatred of his roomates was made clearly evident by the fact that in the course of their murders, he stabbed one of them a total of 94 times.
Rodger had the intent of luring people to his dormitory and using it as a torture chamber, fantasizing about torturing attractive and sexually successful individuals by flaying them alive and pouring boiling water on them. He abandoned this plan due to the unexpected resistance that was put up by his roommates, who foiled his attempt at killing them stealthily, resulting in the walls and floor of the dorm being soiled with their blood. After failing in his second and primary objective of conducting a “war on women” by killing all the members of a sorority (due to being blocked by the locked front door of the sorority house), he then proceeded to drive through the streets of Isla Vista, shooting people at random, mowing down pedestrians, and engaging in several gun battles with the police, killing three more people and receiving a gunshot to the hip after engaging in a final gun battle with three sheriff’s deputies. After mowing down a cyclist, he brought his murderous spree to its ultimate conclusion via a self-administered gunshot wound to the head.
The attacks were opportunistically seized upon by some members of the media, and feminists to demonize men in general, and also to attack the manosphere and incelosphere, indicting them for inciting the attack. While Rodger was arguably someone who visited a small part of the manosphere, he was not part of the incelosphere, as PUAhate was not part of the incelosphere. That forum had people of every celibacy status and did not self-identify as incel anywhere.
He apparently enjoyed “swimming, hiking, reading, writing, going to the library and playing video games.” His favorite video game was World of Warcraft, stating in his manifesto, that at one time “World of Warcraft was the only thing I had left to live for”. Rodger also enjoyed playing other videos games series such as Halo and Call of Duty. He apparently make an effort to improve his physical appearance prior to the massacre, engaging in calisthenics as a form of bodybuilding, and purchasing expensive designer clothing and sunglasses. He seems to have become more and more desperate in terms of the coping mechanisms he employed prior to the massacre, attempting “no fap” prior to the attack, and he also attempted to use the “law of attraction” to win the lottery in a last-ditch effort to attract women through acquiring money.
He also is said to have enjoyed fantasy films and television shows. His favorite films included Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. He also enjoyed solitary walks and observing the sunset at scenic locations in Isla Vista prior to the massacre. The sheriff’s report written after the incident, also records that he made a number of internet searches that indicated a strong interest in the Nazi Party and its leadership, such as the German dictator Adolf Hitler, the German propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels (who he seemingly suspected of being Jewish) and the Reichsführer-SS, Heinrich Himmler.
Initial Internet Reaction
As news of the story broke, one of the first online reactions was from the so called, “mental health support”, community Social Anxiety Support which spontaneously erupted in multiple threads of sympathy for Elliot Rodger, exclusively from male users. The femoid users of Social Anxiety Support then started flaming the threads in disgust at the reaction.
Reflection of normies’ views rather than a reflection of inceldom
Rebecca, a lesbian, former admin of IncelSupport thinks that Rodger was more a product of people’s attitudes towards incels, rather than him being a reflection of incels. In other words, Rodger built his persona off of people’s (highly-negative) opinion of incels. Alek Minassian was also arguably a reflection of how people see incels, rather than him being a reflection of something inherent about inceldom itself. Rebecca also tried to point out how cherrypicking violent celibates does not mean that inceldom is born from evil, as many (if not most) evil people have partners. According to Rebecca:
“”Rodger just fed into what everyone really wants to believe about incels. Even in circles where the word “incel” is not known, someone who does not attract others sexually is the butt of jokes. S/he will not be taken seriously and will be considered incapable of everything else, too. […] [Incels] are not perceived as sexual beings. If they display even appropriate sexual behaviour, it makes others inexplicably uncomfortable. […] It’s worth remembering that Adolf Hitler had a partner. So did many well known serial killers and rapists. They were not dangerous because of sexual frustration or an inability to fit in. They were simply evil people.
Wonder where he got his narcissism from?
Rodger posted several videos about his loneliness on YouTube, with titles such as “Why Don’t Girls Like Me?”. The disturbing content of these videos led to his mother informing police of her concern for his well-being, and they subsequently paid him a visit prior to the massacre. The deputies who visited him later described him as “shy, timid and polite”, and after the visit, they left him alone, as they had no legal reason to detain him. In his final video, he promised, “On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house at UCSB and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blond slut I see inside there” and then “take to the streets of Isla Vista and slay every single person I see there.” The videos were taken down by YouTube as violations of their policy against violent threats; then undeleted; and then deleted again in 2018, after the Toronto van attack.
Elliot and the alt-right
White nationalists seemed to always have a thing for Elliot Rodger. 4chan’s /pol/ board, which was always known for tradcon and white nationalist leanings, routinely praised Elliot. Part of this might be because of Elliot’s repeated condemnation of female promiscuity, a typical tradcon obsession. Those on 4chan repeatedly quoted Elliot’s slut-shaming, and didn’t really care or pay attention to any of his more liberal views.
Elliot also showed white nationalist views himself, stating in his manifesto:
“”How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more.
Authorities also found that Elliot had been fascinated with Nazi Germany, when reviewing his Google searches. Elliot’s Google searches over a year and half included, “If you were Adolf Hitler”, “Reincarnation of Hitler”, “Nazi anime”, “Heinrich Himmler”, “If Hitler was born today”, “has a jewis [sic] name”, and “Joseph Goebbels”.
Elliot Rodger’s personal story is disproportionately cited by media because he exhibited narcissistic traits and an unlikable personality and this fits with their narrative. It has been claimed that Rodger’s frustrated narcissism was a significant factor in his decision to undertake his murderous rampage, with this likely being a greater factor in contributing to the massacre than his autism, and that frustrated narcissism was also a factor in several other mass killings, as part of a theorised “path to intended violence” model, wherein narcissists seek violent revenge for the alleged insults they suffer in contravention to their elevated self-image, a purported example of such being the terrorist attacks committed by Anders Breivik, who was also diagnosed with autism. It is also important to note, that while it has been claimed that Rodger had Asperger syndrome, he was never diagnosed with this, instead being diagnosed with PPNOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder not Otherwise Specified), another Autism Spectrum disorder.
This, as compared to the previous incel murderer George Sodini (who Rodger mentioned in some of his online postings), who had no mental disorders and was (for most of his life) apparently pretty modest, kind, hard working, and normal. Similarly Alek Minassian’s personal story is rarely talked about, as he was a horribly bullied autistic special needs student, and talking about his story would possibly generate too much empathy.
- Rollo Tomassi - The Rational Male
- Incels, June 4, 2018
- Back in the summer of 2014 I wrote two essays outlining the minds of Incels. The first was The Severing and the second was Owed Sex. I wrote these essays in the wake of the Elliot Rodger shooting and the sudden emergence of the term “red pill” into the popular lexicon. Elliot had a lot of manifesto style youtube videos as well as a fairly detailed written manifesto he published online just prior to his shooting. His frustration was palpable in these videos. Here was a kid who fit the profile of an AFC, an average frustrated chump. AFC is an old school PUA term used to describe average guys who were confused by intersexual dynamics, usually as a result of their life long Blue Pill conditioning. I used to unironically use AFC to describe a guy who I’d probably refer to as a Blue Pill Beta in my work today, but in light of the most recent “Incel attack” in Toronto last month I’m wondering if AFC isn’t a better descriptor for these guys.
- I’m doing a bit of review here because I want to put the perspective on time in these incidents. Alek Minnassian, the Toronto truck driving killer, another AFC, reportedly idolized Elliot Rodger. In and of itself this is probably to be expected from a self-avowed Incel, but what motivates these guys. That’s what the mainstream media wants to know, right? And literally hundreds of bloggers and social pundits seem to all have an expert knowledge about the motives of Incels. Weeks after the Toronto killings there are people I’ve never read before who are convinced that they know all about these “losers”. For the most part, the mainstream media (and I include online pundits in this category now) want “crazy”. Even the guys who are ostensibly part of the manosphere know that crazy gets eyeballs on the screen, and nothing is crazier than a “killer Incell”.
- Incels are the low hanging fruit for pretty much anyone on either side of the ideological spectrum. I can read any number of feminists wanting to link Incels to “red pill radicalization” and how they are “gender terrorists” (this is genuinely laughable considering the natures of most of these kids), to the Red Pill guys who want to carve out their own trad-con niche in the ‘sphere using Incels as a negative example to prove their version of whatever qualifies as masculinity. Lets face it, Incels are easy targets. They’re universally described as “the losers you used to know in high school who couldn’t get laid”. This makes them easy to dismiss most of the time, until one of them shoots up a university or mows down random women with a panel truck.
- The Psychosis Of The Effeminate Male (Elliot Rodger), Château Heartiste on May 26, 2014 - Archive[webarchiv]
- Elliot Rodger, a 22-year-old mixed race Millennial “here’s why that’s a problem,” son of a Chinese woman and a father with a psychopath’s thousand yard stare who was an assistant director for the Hunger Game movie, went on a shooting spree that left four men and two women dead, after which he self-delivered behind the wheel of his BMW. (...)
- Roosh Valizadeh: No One Would Have Died If PUAHate Killer Elliot Rodger Learned Game, Return of Kings on May 25, 2014
- On Friday, May 23, Elliot Rodger killed six people because he was frustrated and angry from not being able to experience intimacy with women. He left a trail of Youtube videos, internet postings, and even a manifesto that clearly details how his sexual frustration was the principal reason for his murderous rampage.
- Six lives would have been saved if there was a societal mechanism to steer sexually frustrated males like Rodger into learning self-improvement, game, and masculinity, the very values that are taught here and on many other manosphere sites that inexplicably have been attacked, disparaged, and even sought for eradication by the American media and blogosphere, men's rights activists, “PUA haters”, and progressive organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center. All these groups are complicit for creating a cultural environment that allowed this massacre to occur. It is them who must accept responsibility for these seven deaths and make the moral change to their ideologies in order to prevent such an act from happening again.
- It’s important to state that Elliot Rodger was undoubtedly mentally unstable and required professional supervision. (...)
- Special Post: Elliot Rodger’s Retribution Manifesto, JustFourGuys on Date? - Archive[webarchiv]
- George Sodini
- Christopher Harper-Mercer
- Alek Minassian
- Tomohiro Kato
- Paul Joseph Watson
- Supreme gentleman
- Mumkey Jones
- Notes from inceldom
- Transcript of the disturbing video “Elliot Rodger’s Retribution”
- Elliot Rodger’s Youtube channel has been deleted after the latest incel terrorist. How do hapas feel about this?, r/hapas
This page probably contains text from an editor (Altmark) who wanted his text released under CC-BY-4.0. This template is automatically applied to every page we think he ever touched, no matter how minor the edit, even if just a period. Even though he mainly edited the “Scientific Blackpill” page, in order to reduce complexity, William also releases his text on this page under the same license, and so this whole page is CC-BY-4.0. If using the whole page you may credit it as: William, Altmark et al, unless otherwise stated to not credit William, in which case to just credit: Altmark et al. Most other pages on this wiki we declare as unlicensed to re-use outside of here unless expressely stated by email and under the conditions listed in the email.