A website called Incelsite.com was made in 2004. Born from the community Alana abandoned around 2003. This is the forum that eventually was rebranded to IncelSupport in 2006. IncelSupport had at least three domains in it’s lifetime: z15.invisionfree.com/IncelSupport/index.php in 2006, then s176620169.onlinehome.us:80/ (incelsupport.org) in 2007, then incel.myonlineplace.org in 2008. On incel.myonlineplace.org lurkers used to outnumber actual posters. There was roughly an equal amount of men and women. It’s members sometimes held meet-ups in the Washington, D.C. area.
It was a bluepilled incelospherian forum dedicated to both mancels and femcels that shut down in 2013 due to a server crash that supposedly destroyed all data on the server. The community was temporarily relocated to Yourenotalone.info, but the interim site didn't gain enough traction and the community died.
The forum was diverse, comprised of both men and women, ranging in age from 20s to 60s. The older people would often give the younger people advise and tell them not to assume they will be incel forever. The forum was also diverse as far as LGBT makeup with some bi-curious people, a few lesbians, at least one gay man. There weren’t any trans members recalled, but there was a crossdresser.
The forum wasn’t anglo-Saxon-centric, with members from all over the globe, and from many ethnicities. Most forum members however denied the racepill, which Bella, one of their last admins, was upset about. There were also marcels, virgins, non-virgins, and divorcees.
Admins and mods
They claimed to have not made an effort to recruit members, and members came to them instead.
The IncelSupport forum gave the following reasons for Involuntary Celibacy:
- Geographic isolation
- Social Isolation
- Work-related Stress
- Economic Hardship
- Discouragement from Past Experiences
- Unconscious Repetition of Childhood Patterns
- Unresolved Family Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
- Low Self-Esteem
- Physical Illnesses
- Primacy Incels (this means everything is okay in life except, for some reason, sex and relationships)
Incelsite had a forum and a few years later, we made our own standalone forum called IncelSupport in 2008.
Based on the research of Dr. Donnelly, they basically included anyone who would self-identify with being Incel and this meant that they’d include women, non-virgins, and even people who had children but were in a sexless marriage, etc. (Mentioning this to contrast to how many incels nowadays would reject these people as “normies”).
Because IncelSupport was feminist and wouldn’t allow for misogyny, they would strictly moderate and consistently ban members who promoted it. One of the MOST notable things IncelSupport did was create “The Deadly Sins of Involuntary Celibacy”. In retrospect, the unintended consequence of this was that banning misogynistic posters helped rid it from IncelSupport but it didn’t actually fix the misogyny from these posters. Many of these banned members would migrate to love-shy.com, which was a rival community.
Philosophical Differences with love-shy.com
- “There is incelsupport, which I used to post on, but it’s heavily moderated and overly PC, so 4chan types would hate it. There is the love-shy board - they basically seem like /r9k/ misogynists on steroids. That's about it, really.”
- “wizardchan - overmoderated, slow, autistic”
- “incelsupport - overmoderated, slow, PC”
- “loveshy - slow, makes /r9k/ look like tolerant women’s libbers”
- “All these places have their own ideologies though. The incelsupport board was kind of PC and wanted to ignore anything related to physical appearance or gender issues, whereas the love-shy board is essentially misogynist and bitter like /r9k/.”
Ultimately, the forums became so ideologically split that – ironically – during this period, LoveShy forum became more like what Incel is nowadays and focused on external forces and sex, while IncelSupport forum was more like what love-shyness would be like and focused on the personality issues and self-improvement.
- UWT: “I don’t know. I think you have somewhat feminist views but I mean that’s it.”
- Kyle (a non-member): “Yeah, I agree that women are people.”
- Advanced: “No see, that’s bullshit. And if you don’t realize that, you’ve been brainwashed.”
The ideological split between the forums was due to the policy regarding “free speech vs hate speech”, “supportive vs toxic threads”, and the moderation (or lack thereof).
In 2013, around the end, IncelSupport crashed. All the threads were lost. A temporary board was made but it wasn’t the same atmosphere. In 2014, interest was lost in the temporary board and efforts in fixing IncelSupport were eventually abandoned. The temporary board was abandoned too. Both forums are gone now and everything positive and supportive from the Incel community from the last 15 years is gone too.
IncelSupport’s “7 deadly sins”
- Excuses and justification.
Defunct Incel Forums Navbox
|Alana’s Involuntary Celibacy Project|
|Absolute Beginners forums|
|Truecels and associated Reddit ban evasions|
|Braincels and associated Reddit ban evasions|
loveshcom (creator/married/not-active) • Mr C. (admin) • Rammspieler (ex-admin/inactive) • loveablenerd (mod/in relationship) • ieatboogers (mod/historian) • Laplacian (mod) • fschmidt (member) • IceCat7 (member) • Ugly Loser (member) • Caamib (member)